When we have pets at home, we have to be responsible for their care, nutrition, and health. One of the points that most concern us is the safety of the animal then check the wireless fence for large dogs, especially if it is on the outside of the house.
In the properties with gardens and large patios, which are not fenced, dogs have a lot of freedom of movement and are not aware of the danger they run because they are so close to the street. In these cases, they are susceptible to being hit by a car or a bicycle.
There are people who own large dogs, who need a larger area to move, and who cannot be locked up at home because they have to run and play, especially if there are children at home.
If the pet is small, it can be kept at home for longer and it is easier to live with it because it does not take up much space to rest or feed. However, every pet needs to be outdoors and exercise or walk, at least once a day.
Our Top 5 Pick: Wireless Fence For Large Dogs
|PetSafe Wireless Dog Containment System||4/5|
|PetSafe Stay & Play Fence||4/5|
|SportDOG Brand Fence||4.6/5|
|Stubborn Dog Fence||4.4/5|
|Extreme Dog Fence||4.3/5|
Best Wireless Fence For Large Dogs Reviews 2020
These are the top 5 picks for you which you can check. Read complete reviews and pick which you like.
1) PetSafe Wireless Dog Containment System
- 1/2 acre of circular coverage: The adjustable circular range can cover up to 1/2 acres from the placement of the portable indoor transmitter
- No wire to bury: A wireless boundary allows you to create a secure barrier around your yard to protect your pets without the time or hassle of burying...
- Static free re-entry: Unlike traditional in ground fences, this wireless fence allows your pet to return home without being corrected if your pet...
The PetSafe Wireless Dog Containment System is our first pick for the large dogs because the security level is high and your dog remains your under control if you are going to get this one. The better thing is you can move it to any place because it’s portable. A lot of fences did not portable which means you can’t take them with you on a trip or any other place. Another great feature it has 5 levels of corrections which means you can set any level according to your dog limits and how much he bears. It also has a beep which helps you to know that the fence is working.
The PetSafe Wireless Dog Containment System comes up with three models, the first one is collar only which means if you have less budget then you can buy that and it also works fine for your dog. Second is a complete package which means you don’t have to worry about its installation you get a guide about it. Third have an extra battery, that means if you are on a long trip and you are using this fence and its battery is low you can use that extra pack for your dog. It covers 1/2 ACRE and you can use it for indoor and outdoor purposes as well.
For optimal performance of the wireless dog fence for large dogs, training is important 2 or 3 times daily and in short sessions of 15 minutes, to accustom the pet to the system.
It is necessary to emphasize that, each animal is different and responds differently to the training. If you have two dogs, you must train them separately. For the best results, you can complete the 5 steps indicated in the Instruction Manual.
2) PetSafe Stay & Play Wireless Fence
- 3/4 ACRE OF CIRCULAR COVERAGE: The adjustable circular range allows up to 3/4-acre of coverage (22-105 ft in all directions) from the placement of the...
- NO WIRE TO BURY: A wireless boundary allows you to create a safe barrier around your yard to protect your pets without spending time burying wires
- 5 LEVELS OF CORRECTION: The system features 5 levels of static correction plus a tone-only mode
This fence has a transmitter to adapt to the current, receiver charger and is portable. It covers an area of 105 feet and a circular area of up to 0.75 acres. It has a light test system, points, and contact key.
The collar can be adjusted to dogs from 5 pounds weight, with necks from 6 to 23 “and recharged in a maximum of 3 hours. It has 5 correction modes and an additional one for training and can be configured in 2 hours.
It comes in black, is made of fabric, its total weight is 4.5 pounds, and includes 50 flags, plus the guide to operate it and train the dog.
3) SportDOG Brand In-Ground Fence Systems
- Easy-to-install containment kit includes everything needed to cover 1 1/3 acres of land for one dog; can be expanded to cover 100 acres with more wire...
- Waterproof collar takes standard 9-volt battery (included) that lasts 6-12 months; Fits dogs 10 pound And up
- Contain an unlimited number of dogs with additional collars (sdf-r)
The effectiveness of this product is found in the way it is used, follow each of the instructions, and its high-scale operation will be guaranteed. This fence system is a simple and cost-effective alternative to a traditional fence; it contains 1,000 feet of wire, 100 flags, one transmitter, and a collar receiver to keep your dog in your backyard up to 11/3 acres. There are many other GPS fences available which you can use for your dog.
The transmitter is powerful enough to cover up to 100 acres of land, with the purchase of these kits receives additional wire and flag (SDF-WF), especially for large numbers of large dogs. The nearby transmitter features a wire break alarm to alert you that your pet is in danger.
Some breeds of dogs cannot be successfully trained, as not all are comfortable with this system, so make sure your pet adapts quickly and accurately. Some dogs will try to insist for a long time crossing the limits, be patient to achieve your goal and Dog thieves cannot be kept away.
- Waterproof neck receiver
- The anti-duration function prevents the dog from draining the battery.
- Four adjustable stimulation, tone, and vibration levels
- Includes 1000 feet of wire and 100 flags
- Expands to any number of dog receivers with the purchase of additional SDF-R receivers
4) PetSafe Stubborn Fence
- The PetSafe Stubborn Dog Fence Collar should be used for dogs that are 20 pounds or larger
- Waterproof receiver. Also compatible with the Indoor Pet Barrier Transmitter (PIRF-100) to protect your pet indoors
- 5 Levels of Correction Plus Vibration. The most powerful receiver on the market
Have you heard about the new way to keep your pets safe with wireless fencing? Although in many places they do not allow fences around your property, for the simple reason that the good aesthetics of the place prevail, today there are wireless fences, especially for your dogs.
They provide your pets with a way of static simulation training, you as your pet owners, limit the safe zone of your dogs in which you will circulate through the modern wireless fence system, which controls from the base station installed inside your home.
Your dog can swim with the collar and will not affect its normal functionality. The 14 gauge dog fence outdoor boundary wire is covered with a protective polyethylene jacket designed to be UV resistant. The collar is waterproof and can fit small or large dogs.
They are products designed with quality materials, but their mishandling could be detrimental to their operation. It is not functional for all pets. If you do not receive the proper induction, you could believe that the electrical charge that your pet receives is harmful to its development and life. If you are not patient with the continuous training of your dog to use this wireless system, you could lose your money and your time.
- A sturdy ground fence designed especially for stubborn and difficult to train pets.
- Evaluated in terms of health and safety.
- Five levels of progressive intensity correction.
- Quality products and oriented to good performance for your pet.
- Provide a better quality of life for your pet with Pet Safe
5) Extreme Dog Fence – Essential Kit Packages
- Elite: The eXtreme Dog Fence MAX GRADE KIT Covers Up to 25 Acres with the Widest Signal Field Possible. The Wire Can be Run Above Ground or Buried and...
- Waterproof and Submersible: Most Other Inground Dog Fence Systems Claim to be "Water Resistant". The eXtreme Dog Fence Collar Receiver is COMPLETELY...
- Max Grade Fence Kit Includes: 14 Gauge-Plus 60 Mil Wire, 16 Gauge Twisted Wire, Digital Transmitter, Collar Receiver(s) w/ Battery, Surge Protector,...
After the base system is installed, put an electronic receiver collar on your pet’s neck, making sure that its tips lightly touch its fur, every time your dog approaches the limit, the base system will detect it and send a signal to it.
Now, if your pet persists in continuing to approach the limit, he will feel the bad experience of an electric shock acceptable to his body and capacity, do not be distressed, experts verify all these limits, this impact is very similar to that feeling when you place your hand on the TV screen with it on.
This system is cheaper in the long run than building a fence around your property, and since it is not allowed in most cities, wireless fencing would be your best option. They are designed with good quality material. This product exceeds your product expectations.
Avoid falling into negative comments about using these types of wireless fence for your pets, as some people claim that these types of systems make their dog more aggressive. Instead, Dog education experts say that this system is used to educate your pets. Check Dog Trackers with GPS.
- 2nd generation Extreme Dog Fence® covers up to 121,000 yards² (up to 10).
- Devices are designed to be compatible with new collar options.
- Waterproof and Submersible: Most other grounded dog fence systems claim to be “waterproof.”
- The Extreme Dog Fence includes a receiver collar that is completely waterproof and can be submerged up to 100 feet deep.
How To Keep Your Dog Safe With A Good Fence?
For the owners it is a great concern that your dog is in the yard or the garden, exposed to many risks and should look for ways to protect them, without restricting their mobility; that is, without placing chains or enclosing them in a specific area.
That is why the wireless fence for large dogs has been created. This system is ideal to solve the issue of animal safety, in the area determined by the owner. It can cover a fairly large area very effectively.
Likewise, it is a very simple procedure to install and it is much more economical than placing a fence around the perimeter, which would cause a lack of visibility and it is very possible that in the urbanization where it lives, this type of fences is not allowed.
There are many models and brands to choose from in the market, their characteristics and advantages are varied and the client must select the one that best suits what he needs. The cheap wireless dog fence represents a saving of money, but you have to evaluate if it offers all the security that your pet needs.
Invisible Vs Electric Dog Fence – Which is Best for Large Dogs?
They are wireless systems that form a protective barrier around the house, defined by the owner, within which the dog is safe. When the dog approaches the safety limit, the collar is activated and receives a correction signal.
The intensity of the shock depends on the configuration made by the owner of the pet. The dog should be trained before placing the collar so that it gets used to the restriction area. These devices are manageable and easy to install and configure.
These devices are based on an electrical circuit and are made with a cable that can be buried in the ground or at the level of the floor. The wire emits signals to a transmitter and the dog passes through the safety area, activating the collisions in the collar
The installation of this fence is more complicated because you have to open a trench and when the cable deteriorates, you have to replace it to continue working properly. It is not practical if you plan to move and take the system to another house.
Frequent Questions To Ask:
- What is a wireless dog fence and how does it work?
It is an invisible, wireless system that helps static simulation training. It is controlled from a server placed inside your house, the receiver is inserted to the bottom of the earth, and with the collar worn around your dog’s neck, it receives an alert signal.
- Are wireless dog fences effective?
Yes, in addition to effective training for your pet, it is also viable because it is not visible, and you will not have problems with the authorities of your country that do not accept to install physical fences on your property.
- Are wireless dog fences safe?
Yes, it is the only way you have, to keep your pet safe and limit.
- Do wireless fences work for big dogs?
It is a wireless system that through the collar that the dog has an alert signal through an underground cable installed in the garden and is controlled by control from her home.
- What’s the difference between a wireless dog fence and a hybrid or semi-wireless dog fence?
The Wi-Fi signal uses the first, and the other using electricity with the option of Wi-Fi as well. For this type of wireless fence to work optimally, your dog must receive prior training to detect warning beeps and blows as a clear signal that he should not cross the limit.
The safety of pets is very important for our peace of mind. To have total control of the area where the dog is moving, it is necessary to have a wireless dog fence system for large dogs.
This will allow us to have the animal in freedom, but protected within the area that we determine. In case of an animal escape, these devices will alert us and we can locate it in a short time.
Definitely, whatever control we establish at home, we will have the certainty that the dog will be able to play free and happy, without fear of being lost or suffering some unfortunate accident. For the welfare of our pets, it is worth buying and installing these types of fences at home.