Dog owners generally like their pet to play in the garden, but they also want to keep it safe. They do not want him to take unnecessary risks, such as being run over when going out for a walk around the neighborhood or going to the neighbors’ property to cause some discomfort. Formerly people were forced to raise fences around their property for these purposes, with the drawbacks that this generated, including the cost of installation, periodic maintenance and aesthetics.
Currently, it is possible to solve these problems thanks to the technology, finding barriers on the market without barriers, which by means of an electronic system keep pets within a defined limit. It’s even easy to get a wireless dog fence for small dogs.
Best Wireless Dog Fence For Small Dogs 2019
- PetSafe Wireless Fence Pet Containment Systems
- PetSafe Stay & Play Wireless Fence 3/4 Acre
- CarePetMost Dog Fence
For the system to work, the pet must wear an electronic collar, which will emit a warning sound when the animal approaches the virtual barrier and if it passes it will provide a small electric shock to the neck.
There are several products available on the market that can be purchased for this purpose by pet owners; there are for large, medium and small dogs. Regarding the latter, there are three options that can be converted into a large wireless fence for small dogs.
PetSafe Wireless Pet Containment System
These two elements will allow your pet to play in a safe area, which can span up to a 90-foot radius around the transmitter’s location. For the system to work it must be configured and it is necessary to give the animal a little training, for which it is required that it is already capable of following simple instructions.
At first, it may be useful to place some visible marks to help the dog identify the boundaries of the area. But what happens if the dog approaches the limits of the allowed zones? Well, the necklace will emit a warning sound. If still the animal continues in its intention to leave the safe area, then you will receive a static correction, which of course does not cause any harm but bothers you so as to make you understand that you must return.
- The system is completely wireless
- The necklace is waterproof
- They sell the complete equipment with or without spare batteries, but also only the collar in case of needing additional ones.
- It is portable which means that it can be carried when traveling with the pet and reprogramming it. It is ideal for camping and also for those traveling in mobile homes.
- The receiver collar is adjustable so it can be used on dogs with a neck of just 6 inches to 28. This feature makes PetSafe the best wireless fence for small dogs
- The system is configured quickly and easily.
- The package Includes a training guide and system operation
- The collar alerts when the battery level is low.
- The receiver emits a warning sound warning if the pet is approaching one of the limits of the safe area.
- Incorporates automatic shutdown when the dog moves away from the limit zone.
- Among the disadvantages of the system are that the transmission area is circular, that buildings or pronounced differences in the terrain can cause interference, which is not compatible with homes where there is a wireless security system.
- The battery in the collar is not replaceable.
PetSafe Stay & Play Wireless Fence 3/4 Acre
When the pet tries to get out of the allowed limit, he will receive a small warning message, which will make him give up, but in no way will it cause damage since it is similar to what a person can experience when he receives a touch of static.
- It is water resistant
- The transmitter has a powerful rechargeable 2500mAh battery
- It is perfect for camping or going on a trip with the pet.
- It is possible to set a limit with a radius of up to 500
- Can fit pet collars with diameter from 8 inches to 21
- It has 100 levels of signal adjustment
- Both the transmitter and the collar batteries are rechargeable.
- Allows control of more than one pet, by purchasing additional collars
- The design is attractive
- Interference in the signal that magnetic fields and climate can produce.
- Does not bring a training guide
PetSafe Stay & Play Wireless Fence is the cheapest in wireless dog fence for small dogs that can be obtained in the market.
As in the other two systems, the collar will correct the dog when it reaches the edge of the safety zone, either through a sound or through a small harmless discharge for the pet, but enough to make it desist from its purpose. The correction mode can be customized by the owner when configuring the system. The range of action can range from 40 feet to 400. Take a look on best anti bark collars reviews now.
Obtaining optimal results with this wireless fence requires the training of the animal, for which it brings an instruction manual that includes five phases, at the end of which the pet will be ready to enjoy exercising outdoors in the area that its owner considers safe. The learning time will vary depending on the animal, but in general, it should not take more than 3 weeks if the instructions in the training guide are followed.
- The collar is completely waterproof, so it can be introduced into the water. It barely weighs 1.76 ounces and its battery is rechargeable
- The packaging comes with two factory batteries, so you can always count on a rechargeable battery to be used.
- Additional flags, collars, and rechargeable batteries can be purchased separately in case of deterioration or wear.
- Includes an instruction manual and a guide for quick configuration
- The type of correction can be customized for each dog to control.
- Its coverage area is one of the largest among the products of this type, being able to reach up to 11 acres.
- The collar is only adjustable to pet collars with a diameter between 12 and 16 inches.
- The batteries have a reduced duration
- The collar buckle is made of a plastic material that is not so resistant, so it can deteriorate easily.
- Limits the number of pets that can be controlled, only admits two dogs per transmitter.
- The presence of many trees on the property or of steep slopes in the ground may cause signal interference.
Do you have a small dog and you like to be able to play freely in your garden even when you are not at home? You live on a farm and you want to define an area where your pet can enjoy living in the countryside but without trespassing on property boundaries?
Then the invisible fence system for dogs is designed to meet your requirements and the fun needs of your dog. They still work with the most adventurous and stubborn pets, even for those who relapse in their attempts to explore new territories and those who cannot resist making visits to the neighbors again and again.
The three systems described have advantages and disadvantages that the owner of the pet must evaluate to make the best decision on which to choose. Finding the ideal wireless fence for each case will depend on the budget available, the number of animals that require monitoring and also the characteristics of the area where you will install it.
Read More: Best Underground dog fence 2019
What is certain is that you will need to invest some time in training your pet so that she can understand what the limits of the permitted area are. But this learning phase will be a way to interact with your dog and enjoy watching him learn something new, which will give you peace of mind and your dog will keep you away from problems and safety.
These are some best products of dog fence which you can use for small dogs in 2019. Leave your important feedback. 🙂